Mole a new water main or fit combi and fit accumulator?

I put gauge onto DW inlet.
With both garden and and kitchen tap shut it read 4.5bar
With both garden and and kitchen tap fully open, gauge dropped to 0.

So, wishing to attain a pressure of 1.0 bar, I had to close both garden and and kitchen taps very gradually until the gauge read 1.0.

This done, I measured the flow at the kitchen and garden tap:

garden tap - flow 8L/min
kitchen tap - flow 4.6L/min

Total - 12.6 L/min

Is this it?

Sponsored Links
Wonderful !

Thats what I was hoping to find out.

After all this I have forgotten what you wanted to do.

I would say that it would provide just enough dynamic flow to operate a combi boiler.

It would also supply an unvented cylinder with very reduced performance.

The general expectation is that to take full advantage of an unvented you should have a minimum of 22 li/min dynamic flow.

All the advice would be to upgrade the house supply pipe as that's maintenance and fault free.

Tony

Whoop whoop hip hip hooray!!! 😃

So I can finally put all my pans, squash and gin back in the cupboard under the sink now?!

Thanks so much for bearing with me.

Ok looks like a mole and an unvented is the way forward.

Many many thanks for all the advice you have all given.

Best wishes.

You are welcome!

Remember that you can also use a combi to heat an unvented cylinder too!

Tony

Sponsored Links
After having a good read and following all the advice in this thread over the bank hol I would definately say upgrading the size of your mains and putting in an unvented cylinder would be your way forwards. I know that's what has been advised but sometimes it helps to hear it from a couple of people :)

It won't be the most amazing and incredible flow coming through but it'll be just fine and with five beds and 2 baths a combi just won't cut it. They can only really run one outlet at a time and you often find in the winter they can't heat up a decent shower head hot enough for me as they only give generally 35 degree heat rise to the incoming water temperature. Combis are spot on for 2 people, and 3 at a push but more than that is a no no!

Try to get a really detailed quote on what exactly your installer is going to fit and how he's going to do it and if you have any questions just ask!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back