Megaflo system - inadequate flow rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say you were talking to marketing men of boiler manufacturers, which manufacturers were these

A number all were eager. At least they will look at it.

and what the F**k do marketing men know about boilers, as their name implies they are merely in marketing, they know nothing about the technical side of boilers.

They know about boilers and what the market wants - that is their job. If they decide the market needs a boiler that can be externally mounted, R&D get to work on one.

They liked the idea of no fluing problems - and all the rest.

They know nothing about boilers, they are salesmen, there would be a cost implication to a company to start changing their boiler design, most companies will not go for this expense, as there is no demand, having boilers outside, most people would not want this or like the idea, that is why nobody makes them, it would be great if when building new homes they made a plant room especially with all the new technology availiable, but they will not, again it has a cost implication,
Having a jig that can be piped and the boiler fitted later is nothing new.

You still have not answered the question, why have you advised people on this forum to fit the Vitodens 333 and the Alpha CD50 both of which have an unvented cylinder, after all your claims of how dangerous they are.

Sponsored Links
You say you were talking to marketing men of boiler manufacturers, which manufacturers were these

A number all were eager. At least they will look at it.

and what the F**k do marketing men know about boilers, as their name implies they are merely in marketing, they know nothing about the technical side of boilers.

They know about boilers and what the market wants - that is their job. If they decide the market needs a boiler that can be externally mounted, R&D get to work on one.

They liked the idea of no fluing problems - and all the rest.

They know nothing about boilers,

Mr Bob, this is twice I have told you now - they do. It is clear you are lacking for sure. Find out the difference between a salesman and a marketing man. He goes on......

there would be a cost implication to a company to start changing their boiler design,

You don't change the design you change the casing. Maybe a design change in the condensate to stop freezing. In fact, with a large insulated box just the guts of the boiler can be bolted in making it easy to get at components. It is looking good so far. And on he goes......

most companies will not go for this expense, as there is no demand, having boilers outside,

There is, but no one knows it. New builds would run at it, saving space inside a house and no noise - and safer. He goes on again......

most people would not want this or like the idea, that is why nobody makes them,

Most people would love to get all that noisy space consuming crap out of their houses. He persists and rants......

it would be great if when building new homes they made a plant room especially with all the new technology availiable, but they will not, again it has a cost implication,

No need to build a plant room (as the Germans do), when you can bolt a box on the back wall that does all the CH & DHW. Very attractive for the new build market, renovations, and replacement boilers. Get all the crap out of the house into a nice neat box on the rear wall. His knowledge of jigs emerges......

Having a jig that can be piped and the boiler fitted later is nothing new.

We all know that.

Nothing new about outside boilers.
Nothing to get anyone excited about.
Rinnai isn't the only one.

Enlightening! Andrews do one, as do other multi-point makers. Gas Boilers? Name me them? A one box solution of CH & DHW slapped on the back of the house? Name me one? I am all ears and eyes.

Sponsored Links

Enlightening! Andrews do one, as do other multi-point makers. Gas Boilers? Name me them? A one box solution of CH & DHW slapped on the back of the house? Name me one? I am all ears and eyes.

Not sold yet in UK AFAIK, but Beretta (Riello Group) have made them for years. Latest version is the condensing (Meteo Green) fully external WM. Also (Meteo Green Box) externally accessed through-wall version.

Mr Drivel, I have asked you twice, it is clear you are lacking, answer the question, why have you advised the use of the Vitodens 333 which contains an unvenetd cylinder, when you claim that they are dangerous.

Mr Drivel, I have asked you twice, it is clear you are lacking, answer the question, why have you advised the use of the Vitodens 333 which contains an unvenetd cylinder, when you claim that they are dangerous.

You won't hear from him until he's Googled that outdoor gas combi and got over the fact that his great idea has been in use on the continent for ages.

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum.
I think I am developing the skill of foresight.
I saw megaflo, then I saw Dr Drivel.
AND I KNEW what he had posted before I even read it..

For divinations feel free to post your questions.
Mysticcowboy

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum.
I think I am developing the skill of foresight.
I saw megaflo, then I saw Dr Drivel.
AND I KNEW what he had posted before I even read it..

For divinations feel free to post your questions.
Mysticcowboy

wow i had a similar experience

frankie howard lives on :LOL:

Don't back-track now. You didn't know they existed anywhere, hence your comments above. Plus all that b******s you made up about punting the idea with manufacturers at Ecobulid. The only gas boiler manufacturers that attend an exhibition aimed mainly at renewables tend to be the large groups, who's tentacles reach far into European production. They will no doubt be well aware of external combis and just humoured you.

No, the truth is probably that there were no conversations with any manufacturers and you didn't even attend Ecobuild.

Don't back-track now. You didn't know they existed anywhere, hence your comments above. Plus all that b******s you made up about punting the idea with manufacturers at Ecobulid.

You didn't go to Ecobuild. Stop making things up. You are a makerupperer. No externally mounted boiler is sold in the UK. Beretta are not going to sell here. If I am correct, those boilers are only advised in the warmer Med climates where they don't get frost.

You didn't go to Ecobuild. Stop making things up. You are a makerupperer. No externally mounted boiler is sold in the UK. Beretta are not going to sell here. If I am correct, those boilers are only advised in the warmer Med climates where they don't get frost.

I didn't say I went to Ecobuild and you didn't say anything about sold in UK. You said none existed as a complete combi package.

Also you are mistaken about warmer climates as Northern Italy, where many of these are sold, have colder winters than here. You're confusing these weatherproof cased boilers with the old balcony boilers sold in Southern Europe.

I don't know why you bother contesting what you've said after it's in print for all to see. Maybe you should concentrate more when you Goolge before posting.

Beretta are not going to sell here.

Most of their models are sold here under the Vokera brand so it would be easy for them to do so.

Never mind, I suppose your suggestion might have sounded good to a cheap suited rep on a stand at Ecobuild, who's last job was probably selling insurance.

I didn't say I went to Ecobuild and you didn't say anything about sold in UK. You said none existed as a complete combi package.

Common sense would tell you the UK, as that is where we live. I could go Italy and buy one and have no parts to buy here. yep! Japanese companies make some superb externally mounted condensing multi-points (Rinnai are not condensing models in the UK), Takagi for one (I am sure you have never heard of them). Not sold here though. One of these could even do the CH with a bronze pump and plate heat exchanger pumping around on itself into the plate (same for a Rinnai, but 60C is max temp so large rads). But not a complete package.

Also you are mistaken about warmer climates as Northern Italy, where many of these are sold, have colder winters than here. You're confusing these weatherproof cased boilers with the old balcony boilers sold in Southern Europe.

They were dogs.

I don't know why you bother contesting what you've said after it's in print for all to see. Maybe you should concentrate more when you Goolge before posting.

Maybe you should get to know more about heating and what people want. ...and get to know the dangers of some equipment and not push them.

BTW, you can fit a normal combi into an external weatherproof electrical cabinet with adequate frost protection. Look at Eldon cabinets. I have fitted one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back