Acer Aspire 3020 Replacement DVD/CD Drive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have now removed the drive from this laptop. Do I need to replace the drive with the same or very similar. I'm told that laptops can be very 'choosy' when replacing with a different model of drive ?
Any ideas on this and also where would be the best place to source a replacement ?

Sponsored Links
The main problem is the footprint of the drive. You will also find them expensive. You could always opt for a USB drive, which would be considerably cheaper even if not so convenient. Try the Acer website for spares or here.

pop the drive out, most (well a lot anyway) use generic slimline drives but have rails/mouldings that screw on to make it fit, pop out the drive and take a look. We sell slimline dvdrw drives for about £45 I think.

Sponsored Links
You will also find them expensive
no sh*t, I just checked the link you posted, £170 for a drive - I dont think so. They dont show a pic, birtles was it a generic drive? I'll bet it was, thieving gypsy b@astards

Don't know where you got that 'link' from but I bought the drive from PC World at a price of £49.99 :LOL:

I got it from the above link, as I said, we do them for about £45

Anyway lads, thanks for that but my touchpad has since ceased to work. Not even listed in device manager :mad:
How can I sort this out. The ribbon cable seems to be ok and firmly seated.

Sponsored Links
Back