Acrobat Reader

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have Vista Operating system use AOL web browser. most of the time.
My Problem
when I am on a website and there is a pdf to download or be displayed using acrobat reader, nothing happens.
Acrobat reader opens with a blank grey background and nothing is displayed,
so on websites like Royal Mail unable to print a letter postage, utility companies websites to display bills.
Whats wrong with this Acrobat reader Software, I have downloaded the latest version 8.12 but still no joy.
I'm fed up with this useless software program.
has anyone else had similar problems

Sponsored Links
acrobat is very good, its AOL and Vista that are ..............
:LOL: :LOL:

Do you need to configure Acrobat reader for your browser? Check on adobe site just in case :)

Have you tried the same websites using Int. Exp. or Mozilla Firefox ?

Does Acrobat reader operate correctly outside of the browser environment?

Never had a problem with Acrobat worth mentioning so in my view far from being useless

To Breezer - clicked on your link - Acrobat reader opens but no display.
To Tony Warrington - Its the same problem using Internet Explorer, I have n't tried firefox.
Yes Acrobat Reader does operate and display outside the browser.
You're both Possibly right about Vista and Aol
Post operating system Xp, I never had a problem with Acrobat
I have been on acrobat website but I cannot find the solution there.

Sponsored Links
I have no real experience of Vista or AOL so cannot comment with any degree of certainty on your situation. I would suggest that you try the following:

Delete the Temporary Internet Files cache used your browser.
Close all web browser windows.
Right-Click on the "Internet Explorer"
Choose "Properties" and "Delete Files"
Open IE and try web site again

Open Adobe reader goto Edit/Preferences
In Web Browser Options if Display PDF in browser is checked uncheck it. This should result in opening the pdf outside your browser. If this does not work then indication is either reader not properly installed or IE requires some tweaking (just what I do not know!)
My settings in Web Browser Options are all checked

If the above of no help you could try Uninstall Acrobat Reader, restart computer then re install.

EDITThis may sound obvious have you checked the zoom settings on the Acrobat toolbar in IE. This has just happened to me where a page appeared to have nothing on - for some reason zoom set to 6400!! reset to actual size or 100%

Thank you Tony and Breezer for your advice I have looked at the zoom its ok, I will try reinstalling

Back