Acrylic based satin emulsion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Going to paint our small ensuite white, and found a tub of B&Q kitchen and bathroom paint in the shed that the previous owners left behind. On the back it says the paint is acrylic based satin paint - is this essentially another name for vinyl silk as I've heard bad things about silk?

Would I be better off just paying for some good Dulux bathroom paint?

Sponsored Links
basically means it a water based eggshell. it will work very well in a bathroom. its not on bare plaster i take it ? if so it`ll need a mist coat of either very thin matt or thin down the paint youv`e got now

ok thanks. no it's not bare plaster, just painting over an old white coat which i think was eggshell too.

some of the original coat has peeled off though back to the plaster - i presume this is because the previous owners didn't let the plaster dry properly before they painted? i have peeled off the loose bits and will do a mistcoat over these areas before applying 2 normal coats.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back