Acrypol and Aluminium

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there folks,

I have purchased a tin of Acrypol and want to apply it to an aluminium roof. Of course on the tin it says 'special care must be made in preparing aluminium' and then says refer to the company for details.

I've searched all over the place and can't for the life of me find any information on what that 'special preparation' might be!?

Does anyone know? I'm guessing just make sure it's clean, maybe give it a light rub with some sandpaper for a key?

Any info would be great cheers.

Sponsored Links
Well I went and scrubbed the Aluminium with some water and washing up liquid, rinced it off and made sure it was dry. It seems to have worked fine...

Sponsored Links
Thanks Robbie, too late tho :) Just leting everyone know it's worked fine so far....My scouring pad worked fine for a good key apparently, combined with the gritty ****e on the roof already. Natures sand paper, awesome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back