Acrypol Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a flat concrete and steel roof that has a felt covering which has failed. the question is ,would flooding the area with an acrypol type product be a legitimate way of sealing the roof?

Cheers
Iaith.

Sponsored Links
To do it properly you need a good 5mm covering of Acrypol. By the time you've bought the stuff it's cost a packet.

Might be an idea to get a price from a decent roofer to renew the roof and compare the two costs together.

Normally, the leaks will be via seams, and obvious splits, so you only need to treat these, rather than the whole roof

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all your replies. At the time of the initial post I hadn't seen the roof. I've just seen it . It's basically an old industrial building 100m2 , it's been felted, then painted with silver stuff, it's had years of repairs with various products, most of the felt is in good condition, but there are areas of cracking and bubbling (come away from the roof). As I'm not really a roofer this might not be job for me. I know the owners are on a budget, and that's possibly why they called on me first . any suggestions appreciated.

If you know the budget we could give you some options.
I expect the budget wouldnt cover a new roof, probably cheapest is cut all the bubbled bits and loose stuff, clean and dry roof and torch on another layer of felt, green mineral.
If you work out the time and materials that have been spent over the years a new roof would have been better option, theres only so much patching you can do.

I usually avoid patch jobs like the plauge, because the owners then expect you to fix it every time it lets go again. As suggested another 100m2 over the top is only a days work.

Thanks for your advice fellas. I priced up the acrypol for 100m2 and it came to £900. not sure if I'll be hearing from the customer any time soon.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back