New roof felt. Bitumen vs Acrypol+ vs Liquid rubber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. So I put new felt on the shed roof and want to maximise its life. But there are a lot of products available. Wondering which one to go for as do not know which one is best for longevity.

Also I need absolute waterproofing as I will insulate the shed so will not be able to inspect the roof from the inside again.

I think liquid rubber might be out of the question as it is very expensive for me.

So Probably Bitumen paint vs Acrypol+

Anyone know which is longer lasting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Your new felt- is it flimsy paper--thin shed felt tacked down with half inch nails (probable lifespan first decent storm) or torched felt (probably last longer than the shed unless you've spent a lot of money on the timber bits?

@oldbutnotdead It is not the torched felt but it isn't the cheapest roof felt. Mid-range non-torched one (red colour).
That's why I want to coat it but not sure whether to use bitchumen or acrypol+ to give it extra life and more waterproof

Sponsored Links
If the roof has a decent pitch to it and you've put the felt on properly (overlaps the right way, enough clout nails into enough wood to hold it down) then felt alone will be fine. Visual inspection of the outside every so often will tell you if you have any problems. Flat felted rooves are more of a problem because any pinhole will probably let water in due to ponding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back