Actuator Valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having problems with my hot water - it won't switch off and is constantly asking the boiler to fire up. Water is VVVV hot. Have changed the programmer on the boiler - to no avail so think actuator valve is not working - seems to be sticking as i can move it manually. I have drayton valves in the airing cupboard. Can I easily change or stripdown the valve for the hot water. Are they expensive to buy or difficult to fit a new one??

Sponsored Links
Whats a stat?? still learning as i go along...

Stat is cylinder thermostat in this case. The temperature control on the cylinder

Sponsored Links
Thermostat appears to be working. Valve appears to switch on hw when on timer, but will not switch off again (unless i move it manually). Does this mean it needs replacing. Have read that these valves can be easily switched - or does the plumbing need to be messed with.?

if its the white actuator type its a 5min job! and they are quite common for stickin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back