Drayton Zone Valve ZAF without the actuator?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if I can buy the brass valve piece, without the actuator? I can find the actuators standalone but not the valves.

Basically I've noticed that one of my zone valves has started letting hot water through when it's supposed to be off.

I took the actuator off and can see that the valve is not closing fully:

IMG_1167.JPG

I tried turning it to the fully closed position with some pliers and it won't budge.

The actuator itself seems to be fine.

Thanks a lot for your help, it's a Drayton ZA5.

Sponsored Links
Why not buy the whole thing and use the head for a spare. Those valves are crap anyway, so it is only matter of time before you'll need it.

Thanks Dan, which Zone Valves would you recommend?

Sponsored Links
For regular applications I use Honeywell. For ufh or compensated systems I'll use a thermoelectric type, again, Honeywell or perhaps John Guest.

yes that is the correct Honeywell valve and for your own information and for the benefit of anyone else reading this post , the raised dimple on the cover of the valve indicates that the actuator head is removable without draining, if it does not have the dimple you can not remove the head only .

the valves are probably cheaper in long run to buy as a complete unit ( head & valve ) than buying separate , then you have a head that may be needed at a later stage ( which probably will be needed )

edit was thinking of the 3 port :oops:

the valves are probably cheaper to buy as a complete unit ( head & valve ) than buying separate , then you have a head that may be needed at a later stage ( which probably will be needed )

The valve body is 14 quid, the head is 50 quid, the set is 60 quid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back