Drayton Zone Actuator ZA5 valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
How does the Drayton Zone Actuator ZA5 valve spigot feel when turned manually / by hand please? Does each end of travel finish with a definite stop, or is it spongey / does it spring back slightly please?
I'm talking about the valve itself here, NOT the actuator and electronics that snaps onto the valve body.

Sponsored Links
What are u turning it with.
It will have a bit of bounce especially if using some leverage.

Hi,
How does the Drayton Zone Actuator ZA5 valve spigot feel when turned manually / by hand please? Does each end of travel finish with a definite stop, or is it spongey / does it spring back slightly please?
I'm talking about the valve itself here, NOT the actuator and electronics that snaps onto the valve body.

Very strange question.

Inside is a paddle arrangement with a rubber type seal....so the spindle will only move perhaps 10 or 15 degrees and with sufficient force you'll compress the seal a little. Any problems are usually with the actuators....spring mounts shear off, microswitches burn out, components fail etc.

Sponsored Links
@gasservice1985: I'm turning the spindle with my fingers. So "a bit of bounce", is good. Thank you!

@Gas2Air: Why is it a strange question? I have no idea of the internal construction of the valve so I don't know what it should be like and I'm trying to determine if it's healthy or not. I imagined a solid brass valve and spindle and so expected a firm solid metallic end to the spindle rotation/travel. I don't wish to flame but your reply is unhelpful and time wasting.

@Gasguru: Perfect description of the construction for my needs thanks. The actuators appear to work fine but thank you for the warning.

Thanks, Andy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back