ACV Smartline SLME

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody know if this cylinder (ACV Smartline SLME) can be open vented on the primary side and mains pressure on the DHW (aka thermal store) ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Who thinks these cylinders are better than say a Gledhill Torrent?
Its claimed ACV can reheat better than an indirect coil heatexchanger cylinder due to the tank in tank construction?

Sponsored Links
they are phenomanal boilers correctly installed with a mixing valve....or a variable speed pump...

It is best to run the CH from the cylinder. Then the boiler only heats the cylinder. This means the boiler runs at optimum efficiency with full flow through its heat exchanger, reducing or eliminating inefficient boiler cycling. Also the CH need not have a central wall stat by using a Smart pump and TRVs on all rads, meaning the CH circuit is more efficient. No central room stat will switch out the CH depriving rooms that need heat. Each room has 100% temperature control.

When using one of these cylinders use its advantages to the maximum, otherwise there is little point in buying one.

I do, too!

Ps: who thinks that Bert is the nom de plume of the Diynot troll, Big bummer, water systems, george whatever?..

Its a different league entirely from alot if other boilers...and works on very different principals

three moving parts...

smart pump, and modulating valve is the way to go...as supplied by ACV...is the way to go...

I do, too!

Ps: who thinks that Bert is the nom de plume of the Diynot troll, Big bummer, water systems, george whatever?..

My missus thinks I am Bert. I can't speak for the others in your mind. Neither can my missus.

My missus thinks I am King Dong.

And I think you are Water Systems, Dr Drivel etc. Time will tell.

Who said it was a boiler btw?

My missus thinks I am King Dong.

And I think you are Water Systems, Dr Drivel etc. Time will tell.

Who said it was a boiler btw?

I think you are silly. Sweetie.

This forum breeds them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back