adapting close coupled toilet cistern to internal overflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have read some older posts concerning this but have a few specific queries. I have old Kohler toilets (about 25 years) with overflow through 5 largish holes at the back of the cistern --- the original idea being to drain through a floor drain. However uneven floor makes this impossible and anyway I think the drain is blocked. I have read about internal overflow syphons and they seem to be the answer with the holes being blocked up. One reply talked about detaching cistern and laying it in bath to change the syphon but this is not poss with mine as it is all in one with toilet bowl. Any comments and suggestions would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
IF the pan and cistern are all one piece then I'd have thought it's unlikely you'll be able to change it, having said that someone must have got it in there so it should come out again. Any chance of a photo or two?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back