Add nest thermostat to caravan boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I would like to add a thermostat to my caravan boiler. The boiler is a morco gb24. It has connectivity for a thermostat but I'm not sure what wiring diagram from nest I should use. I think taking L and N from boiler to nest heatlink and then two wires from the boiler thermostat connection to the low voltage ports on the nest heatlink would be correct but I don't know, can anyone help? Images attached are from the boiler manual
9MsFui8.jpg
Screenshot_20191223-232056.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
what do you want to do with the nest ? there are different models what functions do you want, do you have internet in the caravan with your own Router ?

Sponsored Links
I have a net connection in the van.
I think I need to use the 230v combi diagram as shown below.

To connect I think wiring would be: 4 core cable, l & n joined boiler to heatlink, link wire between live and
Screenshot_20191223-235035.jpg
, wire from boiler port marked timer to heatlink normally open port 3

Screenshot_20191223-235035.jpg

your boiler doesnt support OT so you would be better with the Nest E it is battery powered and only has 2 terminals No and com and the two wires at the thermostat connections on the boiler connect to these ports or a single channel hive if you want a mains powered heatlink, that nest you are suggesting can be used but not as easy as you think to wire it up and you want get any extra functions using that as opposed to the others

Ian,

Thanks - is the nest e not limited to low voltage? Can it handle full 240?

Thanks very much, one final question, is there anyway to identify common and normally open?

I know you dont have an existing thermostat, you just fit the receiver near the boiler and run a 2 core flex to it

Thanks very much, one final question, is there anyway to identify common and normally open?
yes they are clearly marked the nest e only has the two terminals and it doesnt matter which way round the wires go, it has two other terminals marked OT but your boiler doesnt support this so just forget they are there

So as there is no current stat, just two core flex from boiler to heat link and if it doesn't work switch the wires e.g. blue wire to co brown to no, if doesn't work then brown to co and blue to no?

So as there is no current stat, just two core flex from boiler to heat link and if it doesn't work switch the wires e.g. blue wire to co brown to no, if doesn't work then brown to co and blue to no?
yes exactly just two wires doesnt matter which way round it is just a switch, will work either way round, you will have to leave the timer on the boiler set to constantly on and let the Nest override it

Ian, thank you very much for your help, and for not making me feel as stupid as my questions must have been. Have a good Christmas

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back