Adding a cooker isolator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the unlikely event of an electric oven not having an isolator, does part P come into effect of you wanted to add one? I know that kitchens aren't a special location any more, but I don't know if merely adding an isolator is notifiable work.

Sponsored Links
In the unlikely event of an electric oven not having an isolator, does part P come into effect of you wanted to add one? I know that kitchens aren't a special location any more, but I don't know if merely adding an isolator is notifiable work.

Part P applies to ALL work in a dwelling, but the work you describe is not notifiable.

(You can search the forum for what Part P actually says; BAS has posted it countless times)

Fastest reply ever; as you can tell, I'm no sparky. I'll read up on part P, thank you. :)

Adding an isolator is not a notifiable event.
All that Part P basically says is that you must do the work safely.

So your cables must be the corect size, and only run in safe zones.

Info on all of this in the Electrics UK WIKI

Sponsored Links
Thank you; I didn't know if an isolator would be beyond minor as it was for something with a dedicated circuit. I didn't realise the wiki was that detailed, so I'll have a butcher's.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back