Oven/Hob install

13 Apr 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi, just about to re-wire a cooker/hob in my kitchen.. I know.. part p notifiable.. special location before anybody says lol.

Just want an oppinion though.

6mm dedicated circuit to 45a double pole cooker isolator above worktop, then 6mm to 1 of these,


under the integrated oven.. split 1 way 6mm to hob, and 2nd way to 13a fused spur for oven with 2.5mm to flex outlet.

with that setup, both hob and oven are isolated above the worktop with 1 switch and oven is downrated to 13amp.

or, 2x 6mm supplies from the CU, 1 with an MCB suitable for the oven, 1 suitible for the hob. 2 dedicated circuits, connecting to a DP Isolator for oven, and 13A fused spur, then from there 1 off to the oven.. 1 off to the hob.

Which is better?
Sponsored Links
Some points first.

Do you mean cooker, or oven. You talk about both. A cooker has one or more ovens and cooking plates on top.
An oven is an oven.


What are the ratings of the items?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links