Adding a grate to down pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Just wondered if anyone can offer some advice on how I can go about adding a drain to the down pipe/soil pipe in my garden. Just wanting to be able to discard of water without pouring it straight onto the grass making a mess or having to walk to the front garden and down the drive to the main road where there Is a drain.

Im assuming that a grate wouldn't be ideal underneath the pipe due to bathroom waste but is it possible to tap into the pipe via the front portion which has nothing connected to it?

Thanks.

View media item 71850

Sponsored Links
Cant believe I didn't think of that. Much better idea and from looking at it a lot easier.

For some reason though with the design of my house (semi-detached, 1989 build) I don't have a down pipe for the guttering at the rear of my house, this is on the neighbours side of the gutter. At the front I do however have a down pipe from the guttering of the front side of the roof (only my house, neighbour has his own).

I guess I could tap in at the front and use this.

Thanks for the far better suggestion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back