radiators on the house at the moment.

Now i have looked in the kitchen attic and the boiler has 2 22mm pipes
coming out (F&R) and they then go into a 15mm (F&R) pipes ones goes
left the other right, now the one going rights feeds 2 radiators the
kitchen and bathroom. And the other on feeds the whole of the house,
bed1, bed2 then comes downstairs and feeds the living room and dining
room.

Now i'm looking at adding 2 upstairs in Bed 1 and landing and one
downstairs the hall (this will come from upstairs.

Now i know you should really only have 3/4 radiators off 1 15mm run so
i'm maxed out coming off the run that's there.

How do i go about making a new return and flow so can feed the new 3
radiators i require?

I've done a little reading, is it just cutting into the 22mm with a
15mm 't' joint and then feed that up and then feed each radiator, and
doing the same with the return?

I know i need to drain the system aswell.

Any help would be great

Sponsored Links
I had hoped an expert wou;d have replied by now, however having extended/fitted several systems myself, I can tell you that your suggested course of cutting into the 22mm pipes to feed/return the new rads is the ideal solution. The flow return is achieved exactly as your other rads, each rad is connected at one end to the feed, the other to the return.

Good luck :p :p :p

Many thanks.

Yeah i did a little research and looked all okay aswell, thanks for taking the time to post.

As an installer it goes against the grain to advise u to tee off the 15mm but u cant say how many radiators a boiler can serve because it depends on the size of the rads. Combis are a minimum of 80,000btu so if u have 6 rads drawing 5,000 btu's each ur well under sized & because most combis have a high head pump u should be able to get 35,000 down 15mm .u may need to ballance but its a good bet it will workfine.

Sponsored Links
As an installer it goes against the grain to advise u to tee off the 15mm but u cant say how many radiators a boiler can serve because it depends on the size of the rads. Combis are a minimum of 80,000btu so if u have 6 rads drawing 5,000 btu's each ur well under sized & because most combis have a high head pump u should be able to get 35,000 down 15mm .u may need to ballance but its a good bet it will workfine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back