Adding a new radiator near boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to add a new radiator to my system in the kitchen (currently no rad in there). It's a traditional vented, gravity type system. The boiler is a Worcester Camray 18/25, floor standing model with plenty of capacity left for the new rad.

I live in a 1960's bungalow so the boiler, hot water cylinder, pump etc are in a cupboard (bit like a small larder) in a corner of the kitchen, along with all of the main pipework and drain valve for heating system.

I want to site the new radiator on the wall of this cupboard and so therefore the obvious thing to do is tee off from the flow and return pipes (28mm at this point) in the cupboard, through the wall and into the rad.

My questions regarding this are:

Can I tee off the flow / return this close to the boiler?

Are there any other potential issues with doing this?

Any other options open to me if it's not possible (there's no other rad closeby and as it's a bungalow, all of the pipework is either buried in the concrete floor or breeze block walls)?

Sponsored Links
Short answer is ti most be connected into the heating circuit or you'll get reverse circulation.

Buy a small electric heater, just as cheap to run as oil anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back