Adding a radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Need to add a radiator to a room that currently has no heating, there is a rad in the adjacent room and the new rad can go on the wall the opposite side of this rad....

My question is, can I simply tee off the flow and return of the existing radiator pipework, take them through the wall and into th eflow and return of the new radiator?

Not sure if this is the correct/best way of doing this :rolleyes:

Thanks for your advice.............

Sponsored Links
Generally depends on system design , if you can tee into F/R at nearest 22mm this would be ideal,if the adjacent rad supply is 15mm you may be O.K. Suck it and see!!

Keith.

Thanks for reply, dont think the 22mm will be possible, thats why I thought about the 15mm to the existing rad, assume it does not really matter where I take the tee on this pipe from? Was thinking about just before the valve on each flow and return?

Sponsored Links
Can't think of anywhere better ,should work O.K. p. s. , don't forget to top up with inhibitor on completion.

Keith.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back