new radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
I have to add a radiator to a system. It is 8mm pipework.
The manifold is 28mm with the 12 pipes (6 rads) coming off it.
There are no blanks to use.
The flows and returns for all the radiators go into the manifold together all next to each other. Manifold is about 150mm in length before going to 22mm.
Can I tee into the 22mm pipe after the manifold then go into another tee and put the new flow into the end of the tee and the return into the branch obviously all reduced down to 8mm?
If not what should I do?
What is this type if system called?
Regards

Sponsored Links
I couldn't really make sense of what you are saying, but as long as you just tee off the central heating flow and then bring it back into the return, it will be fine, and yes you can bring it down to 8mm

You have a 'Microbore System'

Personally, if you are not running 8mm from the manifold, run all pipework in 15mm. Why bush down to 8mm?

Regards

David

Sponsored Links
Are all microbore the same with the flows and returns all leaving and coming back into the same pipe? Do I need special radiator valves for this type of system? Thanks for previous replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back