Adding 3 more Rads to mirco bore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to add 3 more Radiators to my system, I thought I could just Tee off the exisitng pipe work, but having read more it would appear not. Have now taken some of the upstairs floor boards up to see where I could tee off. To me it appears 22mm pipe comes up from the floor below off baxi backboiler goes through a manifold and then back on to the return. Off the manifold there are 8 small bore pipes feeding the rads. Having traced some of the pipes out it would appear the flow and return from the rads go back to the same manifold, which I was not expecting. T'd off the same 22mm pipe there is another manifold with the same setup. Any advice on where I can take my 3 new rads off.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Are you using all the branches off both manifolds? If so, wil you have enough output to increase the number of rads?

yes all branches on both manifolds are being used, how would I go about telling if I have enough output

Sponsored Links
The maximum heat output will be on the data badge and you can then calculate heat load etc. Just as important is pipe sizing and pump performance and system balance after installation of new rads.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back