Adding a programmer to an existing combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've had a look around this forum and elsewhere for clues on this but not getting very far so here goes...

I have a combi boiler (Ikon-t) with very basic controls - i.e. a single, old school timer for the heating to come on and off at different times of one day. However, i would like a bit more control, especially an 'advance' button and perhaps even more flexibility for different days etc, a function i have seen some programmers have.

So, is it possible to retro fit an external programmer to the boiler and is it a big job? One i could do myself as a budding DIYer or one for a plumber or electrician?

thanks in advance

adam

Sponsored Links
Need a wiring diagram of your Ikon, cant see any reason why an external prog cant be fitted, I would fit a wireless programmable room stat for a combi.

I assume you don’t have a room thermostat so, as suggested, a programmable thermostat would be the way to go.

It should be a simple job to replace your existing timer with the receiver of a wireless programmable thermostat. All the necessary connections to the boiler will be there. That will give you very flexible control. The Honeywell CM927 is commonly recommended; see http://products.ecc.emea.honeywell.com/europe/ecatdata/pdf_cm920_cmt927a1049.html

If you search for CM927 on the forum you will find lots of information.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back