adding a radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have a ferroli optima 701 gas boiler situated on the ground floor and want to add a radiator to the system, the boiler has 22mm pipe coming out and up to feed all the radiators from under the upstairs floor, my query is can i just tap into the 22mm pipe just under the boiler to feed a radiator i want to situate just a few feet away, the system is pressurised and uses 10mm pipe to feed each radiator, so do i just T off the outgoing 22mm pipe with 10mm and return to the return pipe with another 22mm to 10mm T.
hope that makes sense
cheers
ian

Sponsored Links
Pretty much. If it really is that close to the boiler then you'll need to balance the rad to prevent a short circuit in the system.

cheers for the reply, the rad is 4 meters away [sorry, a little more than a couple of feet] and could you advise on how you balance a rad
many thanks
ian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back