Adding a Remote Stat to a boiler system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vaillant TURBOmax VUW 242/1E,or 282/1 E boiler system installed and I wish to add a Towerstat RF Remote 7 day wireless room thermostat or similar. Does anyone know if they are compatable? They say "Volt Free Conections and High Voltage will work on any boiler!!!!" but would like to ask the pros first!!! :LOL: Has anyone used the remote stats? Any good? :?: :?: BTW There is no room stat fitted to my boiler at present :!: Cheers in anticipation

Stat link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=260190847137&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=016

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Have used old version Drayton and found them hopeless.
Use honey 927 now and so far a beaut
Never used towerstat, don’t know if they are any good

Cost a bit under a hundred I think. Get ‘em where you can, they are going like hot cakes. Plumbers merchants

Sponsored Links
I hope this question is relevant and not out of place but do wireless stat's have a problem with wireless internet conections ????????

I fitted one of these to the older vcw vaillant. It wasnt too difficult but I do remember a problem with the dip switches. I used inverse logic to sort it out.
ie what seemed to be the on position was actually the off position and vice versa.
The instructions were small and if you havent been to specsavers lately like me then you might have problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back