Showers - are they all the same?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am getting a combi boiler fitted and am looking for a mixer shower with concealed piping. The average at B&Q is £300 but there is an ebay shop where they are selling for £64 ('dotcombathrooms'):
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=270272542596&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017

What I'd like to know is is there a difference in specification I need to look out for, to differentiate between the types on the market, other than appearance? Or are they all the same essentially?

Thanks.

Ross M.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
No you can not compare those shower valves, the one on ebay is making big claims saying it is okay for combi boilers but no plumber worth his salt would fit a manual valve on a combi system.

I would not get one from b&q as they are now not main brands as they now import.

You have to fit a thermostatic shower valve as a minimum, also buy a branded one not an import unbranded pile of tat that looks good to your wallet.

There are plenty of good products for use with your system thermostatic shower valves (branded) from around £100.00 shower heads and arms do not matter so much as they are simple to change but with recessed pipework it will cost you a lot more time and aggravation to change the valve tiles ect.
For a little bit of self promotion and to give you an Idea of the type of branded thermostatic shower valve see below link.
http://www.tapstore.com/acatalog/Bristan_Artisan_Concealed_Shower_Valve.html[/quote]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back