Adding a Room Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI,

I know this may have been asked and answered, but I cannot find the specific question I want to ask. I have a house which is a nightmare to keep warm. We are constantly "boosting" just to heat the house. Ideally, I'd like the system to keep me toasty, and I've read that TRVs are the best option.

My system:

Glowworm Ultimate Boiler
TRVs on all rads
Separate Digital Timer with 3 program 5/2 day option

My question:

Can I add a Room Thermostat - say on the landing (no rad) and wire it between the current timer & the boiler, allowing me to set the timer on constant, or timed if I really want, and use the Room Thermostat to trigger the boiler based on the preset temperature.

I have seen the various types recommended, and the programmable (even wireless) ones look most interesting, as they seem to allow for setting different temperatures based on lifestyle.

Any help is much appreciated

TX

Michael

Sponsored Links
Yes you can. And you can connect into the back of the programmer.

Roomstat is better located in the hallway or living room where there is a radiator. On the landing it wont read the true temperature of the house.

Thanks Londonboy,

I thought that having the room stat near a radiator could cancel it out, or is that just if it is located directly over it?

M

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back