adding a spur

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is it acceptable to run a spur from an existing unused night storage heater socket to create another extra powr point?

Sponsored Links
Does the storage wiring not terminate on a eco7 fuse board rather than the main board / CU

thanks for quick reply. it is at my brothers flat and i need to go and view the situation. I'll get back to you.

hi again chri5.

the storage heater socket on the wall leads to a seperate unit in the meter box which i assume the be the eco7 unit. I was thinking that i could replace heater socket with a standard power socket and then run a spur from this?

Sponsored Links
And if the socket is supplied by a separate CU you need to confirm that the CU is not fed from a timeswitch. If it is you may only have power at the socket during E7 times.

A photo of the incomer, meter and consumer units would be very handy to allow us to determine whether what you want to do is possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back