Adding additional bath feet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought an L-shaped bath that arrived damaged. It has since been replaced by the supplier. Well, I say replaced, they have sent a new bath but left us to dispose of the old one.

That means I now have 2 fixing kits for it. The base board is enclosed in the GRP. Will it hurt to add the additional support legs from the second bath? I am presuming that the base board will be solid throughout?

Sponsored Links
No harm in it but no need to either. Just making more work for yourself and will make leveling it a but more of a ball ache.

The board is normally full length and width of the bottom of the bath.

Jon

if you've already got the board you might as well use it ( make sure its not the really thin stuff ) . jon is right it can be a pain sometimes so board is easier but i have never done it that way,

The base board is built into the bath, under the GRP.

Each bath kit has 2 rails with 2 feet each, and 1 separate foot.

So in total I have 4 rails and 10 feet.

Sponsored Links
don't know if i got the wrong end of stick , just use the kit that came with the bath , are you putting the board under the feet ? can't remember what been said . this forum mods have deleted messages it has just confused things to whats going on, don't know why ????

As far as I can tell no posts have been deleted.

I had a damaged item, I got a replacement and have ended up with two sets of feet fittings.

Whilst not a requirement, I was wondering if I could fit both sets of feet to the same bath.

The base board of the bath is built in to the bath under the fibreglass/GRP.

By base board I mean what the feet screw into to attach to the bath, not to attach the to the floor (that's a different thread!)

If I'm correct, I can technically attach anything within that area, but wanted to check.

It's a standard bath Paul. You haven't missed owt just thinking of a different thing because of the OP's other question about securing the feet I would've thought.

There is a wooden panel encased in the GRP on the bottom of the bath that allows you to screw the rails to the base and the central leg.

Adding addituonal legs will just create you more hassle than it's worth OP. Just use the 2 rails and the central leg and you'll be golden.

Jon

No reason not to use the extra ones. As suggested getting it level may be a farff but no reason why you can't use them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back