adding another crossover dropped kerb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we currently have a drive at the front of our house but i am hoping to build a wooden garage at the rear of my garden and accessing it from the dead-end road that our house is on the corner of.

Had a highways inspector round for some advice on putting a crossover in for access and he seems to think it will be difficult to get it agreed by Bromley Council......can anyone shed any thoughts/similar experiences before i take things further? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
New access's (is that a word?) onto a highway need to meet the requirements laid down by your local authority eg vision splays, width etc etc. If they do not meet the requirements the application needs to justify why you consider it should be approved. Many local authorities have electronic versions of their highways manual available online although Google returned this http://www.bromley.gov.uk/downloads/file/357/vehicle_crossover_application_form which looks to cover the basics for your LA.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back