Adding conservatory to odd garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'm new to this forum, I hope I can get some advice. We are looking to purchase a house that we like. The house was extended to the back about 2 years ago. There's a large garden that slopes up. They've done it so that there's a decking area just outside (approx 7.7-8 ft out x approx 22ft along the house) then approx 1.5 ft wall then a patio area and grass right at the top.

We were hoping to replace the decking are with a conservatory. The issue is drainage as the current vendors said they had the decking raised so that rain would drain u underneath the decking. Are there any considerations to make for a conservatory? I would naturally assume we'd need new flooring but would it be possible without being extortionate?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do they mean water off the ground comes through from the neighbours?

Ignore the decking, price your conservatory as if it wasn't there- none of it will be useful for your build. Drainage- won't be any rainfall on that bit of ground once your conservatory is covering it.

Sponsored Links
Drainage is not an issue. Water will either go onto the ground or into the existing drains.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back