Adding Gallows Bracket to pre existing GRP Porch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a large GRP porch on a 10 year old house. Where it's attached to the house wall the lower portion has sagged to the extent I can no longer open the cloakroom window.
I can't find any builders interested in such a piddly little job, so Ive decided to have a go at fixing it DIY style.
I can just about lift it up from below so am planning to fit gallows brackets, recycled plastic, from Toolstation. I have these now and they are great. I will use a couple of props to push it up while I fix the brackets.

What i'm unsure about is how to fix the brackets to the wall. The wall is brick, these bricks are hollow so I know from experience something like anchor bolts wont work.

Has anyone any idea how to attach the brackets to the wall? Thanks in advance, Nigel
bracket toolstation.PNG
IMG_20211023_134223251_HDR.jpg

Sponsored Links
Gallows brackets won’t help there why don’t you just adjust the post height they appear to have adjustable bolts of the base? Or add posts to rear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back