Adding Gallows Bracket to pre existing GRP Porch

Discussion in 'General DIY' started by Nigel Norkett, 23 Oct 2021.

1. Nigel Norkett

Nigel Norkett

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have a large GRP porch on a 10 year old house. Where it's attached to the house wall the lower portion has sagged to the extent I can no longer open the cloakroom window.
    I can't find any builders interested in such a piddly little job, so Ive decided to have a go at fixing it DIY style.
    I can just about lift it up from below so am planning to fit gallows brackets, recycled plastic, from Toolstation. I have these now and they are great. I will use a couple of props to push it up while I fix the brackets.

What i'm unsure about is how to fix the brackets to the wall. The wall is brick, these bricks are hollow so I know from experience something like anchor bolts wont work.

Has anyone any idea how to attach the brackets to the wall? Thanks in advance, Nigel
    bracket toolstation.PNG IMG_20211023_134223251_HDR.jpg

2. Sponsored Links
  3. foxhole

foxhole

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Gallows brackets won’t help there why don’t you just adjust the post height they appear to have adjustable bolts of the base? Or add posts to rear.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Harry Bloomfield

Harry Bloomfield

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Drill the holes where you need them, and use resin anchor bolts. You might need extra resin, to fill up the space where you hit a hallow in a brick.