Adding inhibitor to sealed system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I changed over to a sealed system about 4 weeks ago and have held off putting any inhibitor in the system until I can be certain that everything is working ok.

First question is: will I have done any harm running the system without inhibitor for about six weeks (which is what it will end up being by the time I have done one last little bit of work)?

Second question: my plan for how to add the inhibitor was simply to drain the entire system, then pour 3 litres of inhibitor (it's a big system) into a downstairs vertical towel rail, and then refill/repressurise the system as normal. Is that a satisfactory method that will get the inhibitor distributed round the entire system ok?

Thanks in advance.

David.

Sponsored Links
Yes thats the easiest way to do it, also although not ideal i don't think you will have done any harm if only 6 weeks. P.S. read the instructions for the amount of inhibitor you need even on a big system (?) 3L seems a lot but it wont do any harm.

If you've changed to a sealed system then presumably you have a filling loop, in which case go to plumb centre and buy yourself some fernox express, which will require no draining down at all

Sponsored Links
Nice idea, bit already have a load of X100 that I need to use up. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back