Adding new rad to existing pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to add an additional rad in a new downstairs extension we have had built. The existing pipework runs (15mm) under the floorboards.

I know that I need to cut into the flow and return pipes (presumably 22mm?) but it would be much easier if I could cut into the pipes for an existing radiator. (as they are above the floor and I wouldn't have to lift any floorboards).

Is there any reason why I can't do that? It doesn't seem any different to me to teeing off the main pipes next to the tees for the existing rad.

(yes, I have done the calculations and the boiler has plenty of Kw spare).

Sponsored Links
If the existing rad is on a loop off the 22s, on its own, then just come off of it as you intend. No probs

Cool, thanks. I will have to lift the floorboards to find that out though :( So, if I find the flow and return nearby I might as well cut into those whilst I am down there! Come to think of it the existing rad is the only rad in a previous extension, so chances are it is on its own loop.

Sponsored Links
Well you always just try it and change if there's issues. Distances are also a factor but it should be fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back