teeing off existing pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On my current c/h system i have 2 x 22mm copper pipes running from the boiler to supply the radiators, flow and return i presume. Each radiator throughout the house has a 15mm branch off these 22mm pipes to feed the rads. I intend to add an additional rad to the system which is very close to an existing rad. My question is can i tee off from the 15mm pipes running to this rad to feed the new one, or do i have to tee off from the main 22mm pipe like the rest off the rads.

Thanks in advance for any help

Sponsored Links
For optimum flow and return best tee of the primary 22mm flow and return.
How big is the rad you are attaching? if it is say a small one for a cloakroom you could tee off the 15mm to feed.
Pete

Sponsored Links
The existing rad which i would like to tee off is approx 4500btus and the rad i want to fit is approx the same size. Getting to the main 22mm pipe run is not a problem, it would just mean taking up more floorboards than intended. Would you say it would be better practise to tee off from the 22mm pipe?

If you were thirsty would you rather drink from a pint glass or a champagne flute?
Pete

Ye olde Thumbe rules say up to 14000 on a 15mm pipe. Could be hard to balance if they're the furthest from the pump though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back