Adding pressure Worcester 30i combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
632C0FE9-2D18-4168-B517-EFDEFF62A3A0.jpeg
Hi, my parents have moved house and we firstly thought the key was missing to add pressure to the boiler. However I know understand it to be the case the blue lever should add pressure.

Weeks ago I tried the blue lever. A slight (very small) hiss was heard when first pulling the lever down but it doesn’t seem to pressure up. Nothing feels broken regarding the blue lever. It will pull down as I suspect it’s designed to but it isn’t like it’s controlling adding pressurised water!

I don’t think there’s any hidden tap/valve below the boiler.

I first of all thought a correct key (or similar) was required to screw onto the black plastic threaded part but I’m told no key is required (despite Wocester sending us out supposedly the correct key that was useless.

be pleased to have a little advice on this. Thanks

Sponsored Links
How low is the boiler pressure ? And do you have low inlet mains pressure , I find the valves are slow if poor mains

Sponsored Links
It’s presently at about 1 bar so it’s not too low.

I think the mains pressure might be lower from a PRV fitted (I recall being told something about the wet underfloor heating maybe having something to do why it’s set on the lower side when a plumber visited the house for a different reason..) but there’s decent if not fantastic pressure from taps and mixer showers.

I’ve held the blue lever open for many minutes to no real benefit.

When your trying to add water, have someone look outside to see if the PRV is blowing at 1bar. If you can hear the water going in it must be going somewhere. I take it the pressure dial changes when you have the heating on - the pressure rises half bar or something

When your trying to add water, have someone look outside to see if the PRV is blowing at 1bar. If you can hear the water going in it must be going somewhere. I take it the pressure dial changes when you have the heating on - the pressure rises half bar or something

Thanks for your reply. To be honest you don't really hear water going in/filling. All I heard was a miniscule little psst when first touching the blue lever. I'm sure water isn't scooting out via the release valve.

Yes I think the dial shows 1.1-1.2 with boiler operating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back