Adding roof lights to a tin roof? Matching profile.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive got a steel-frame tin-clad garage that I inherited with the house. Its quite a new afaik, maybe 10 years old, and I want to add some clear 'roof light' sections as a way of getting light into it without putting window in the side.

How standard is the profile of modern corrugated tin roofs in terms of getting some clear panels to match the profile? Whats the best way of finding a match?

Daniel

Sponsored Links
Get your self a piece of skirting board or something similar a metre long then offer it up to your roofing sheets at the gutter, then with a pencil mark your profile on the skirting board, take it with you when you go looking for new sheets.

I guess thats the best way. I just wondered if they where standard/indentifiable enough that I could measure the distance between the corigations and that be standard, or for someone to be able to go 'ahh yes, thats a xyz whatever' so that I could get the builders merchant to deliver it.

Daniel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back