Adding second Elvox video entryphone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into a two floor flat where the existing entryphone point is on the lower floor, so I want to add a second entryphone on the upper floor.
The kit is an Elvox Petrarca - 6000/6200 series video entryphone, comprising two units linked by a ribbon cable and sitting on a steel plate. Coming into the phone part is a coax cable (for the video) and a number of thin cables (probably 5) which I believe supply the voice, power and door opener.
Question: can I add another unit in parallel to this without needing another power supply and any ideas which units might be compatible? For example, I've spotted an Elvox Giotto video and handset combined on eBay. Would it work with my existing system?

Attachments

• 2015-10-12 11.27.00.jpg
    2015-10-12 11.27.00.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 477
Sponsored Links
I think the video part is fairly standard, but the handset depends on which system you have (2-wire, digital bus, etc)

For the video, the video in connects to V2 terminals at the top of the video board. If your handset is end of the line there should be a resistor across the V1 terminals at the top of the video board; remove that and connect coax to those terminals and extend to the next monitor, and put the resistor at the new end of the line.

http://www.intercomsrus.com/handset pdf/Elvox 6200 Intercom Handset Data Sheet.pdf

Thanks so much for the reply and this massive help. You seem to know your stuff.

Please excuse the dumb questions but:
1. How do I tell if I have 2-wire, digital bus, etc on the handset?
2. Is the video board in the handset? The coax seems to terminate there. The only connection between the handset and the monitor is a flat ribbon cable.
3. The data sheet is very helpful. It looks as though I can mix and match the 6300 and 6500 series with the (older?) 6000/6200 series. How about running a colour screen model if existing system is B&W?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, it'll be a couple of days before I can get into the phone as I'm visiting family in the south. Will report back. You're a star!

Well, here's the inside of the handset. It says it's model 6200. There seem to be a couple of additional boards further down which aren't shown on the handset identifier. What type of additional handset could I use and how easy would it be to connect up?

Attachments

• 2015-12-11 19.07.07.jpg
    2015-12-11 19.07.07.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 527
The top board is the audio board, with terminals 7 1 2 3 common to all handsets and the call wire for your flat on 6

The bottom board is the video board with the incoming video on coax with the core going to V2. Your extension video coax will fit under the same clamp with the core going to V1 at the top (and move the teminal resistor which should be there - I can't see it clearly - to the new extension handset). You also need to extend the power wires + and - from the lower terminal strip on the video board - I think they're blue and black?

Refer to the last page of the datasheet PDF

Thanks, brilliant. Will a 6300 handset fit the bill? Not sure if all the 6300 models are coax or a mixture. There's a model on eBay fo £90

Elvox Giotto 6300 (b/w) and 6303 (colour) are compatible with power supplies type 6680 or type 6580. Giotto 6300 coaxial or twisted pair video can be selected by internal switch

Elvox Giotto 6301 is compatible with power supply 6680 only. Type 6306 is compatible with power supply 6580 only and is not coaxial video.

Theremore I think that 6303 is most likely to be compatible; the call wire to existing terminal 6 may be 6E on the new handset. (Electronic call = Elvox "sound system" I think).

6303 may have been replaced with 6351 but it appears equivalent although some of the terminal numbering is different (call wire to 8 not 6 or 6E, 6 is used for one of the power wires, etc)

http://doorentrydirect.com/acrobat/elvox/data sheet/s6i_634_100_R03.35617.pdf

Thanks so much for all the info. I think I'll go for the 6200/6000 combo to play safe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back