Adding Sentinal X100 inhibitor help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to add 2 litres of Sentinal X100 centrel heating inhibitor to my heating system. I have been removing each radiator as I have gone round the house decorating so the system will need some adding now.

If I buy 2x litre bottles whats the best way of getting it into a radiator in a sealed system (no filling tank in loft).

Is there an injection method for the bleed valve etc?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you have a towel rail?

yes, 3.

Also what pressure should a sealed system be at, obviously the pressure drops when I empty and remove a rad, but should I be adding water via the filling loop up to 1Bar or more?

Having just looked online it might be useful to add some X200 noise reducer at the same time as the X100... Is this ok to do?

They also do a rapid dose in a can... whats the best way for me to move forward with this.

Sponsored Links
Most towel rails have a plug at the top of the rail. Undo plug with pliers and poor in with funnel. ( after draining a bucket first )

Noise often indicates dirt in system, better to remove that than fight the symptoms.

thanks for that. The colour of the water when I empty a rad is quite dark brown. It was last cleaned in 2005 with x400 and X100 was added then.

As I said I have emtied every rad in the hosue as I have gone round and re filled each time so I was going to add x100 now to finish it off. The boiler is just noisy at start up but then goes quiet. Just thought the x200 would help with any possible build up of limescale.

I still have two rads to take off. Is there any problem with just adding the 2 litres to the empty rad before putting it back on the wall and quickly re attaching it to the pipes, no carpet down so I can live with a bit spilt. Just how quick can I get it back on the pipe.. :)

thanks for that. The colour of the water when I empty a rad is quite dark brown.

Clearly soiled system.

Just thought the x200 would help with any possible build up of limescale.

You need to get rid of the dirt, not just silence the noise.

I still have two rads to take off. Is there any problem with just adding the 2 litres to the empty rad before putting it back on the wall and quickly re attaching it to the pipes, no carpet down so I can live with a bit spilt. Just how quick can I get it back on the pipe.. :)

Bad idea.

Yep.
Add cleaner ( I like Fernox f3 and Hyperflush from kamco ) and let it run close to the maximum allowed time ( 3 weeks works best with Hyperflush )

You then fill, rinse and drain the system as many times as it takes to get 300 mm visibility in a water sample.
Add inhibitor immediately and circulate for an hour or more.

rather than buy a filler make one using a McAlpine washing machine spigot and something with 3/4" BSP female thread then reduce down to 15mm, i have used a straight coupling which i screw into the top of the rad.

Yep.
Add cleaner ( I like Fernox f3 and Hyperflush from kamco ) and let it run close to the maximum allowed time ( 3 weeks works best with Hyperflush )

You then fill, rinse and drain the system as many times as it takes to get 300 mm visibility in a water sample.
Add inhibitor immediately and circulate for an hour or more.

its probably already around this, the rads hardly take any flushing to get 100% clear water and its not too bad or sludgy at all, not like my last address. Its had inhibitor in since new. Thats whay I was going to just add inhibitor after flushing each rad.

Can you put X100 and X200 in the same rad so they mix or should you not do this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back