Adding shower & Toilet to new stack pipework, combined s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As part of a kitchen extension job on a building notice was the refurb of my bathroom which needed a new soil stack to get the pipework out of the way of the new kitchen extension.

As I have a downstairs loo there was no problem removing the upstairs toilet for some time while the ketchen work continued. Well its now time to sort the bathroom but I need to be sure I get the pipework correct for council inspection.

The temporary white pipework is just above floorboard level in the bathroom, there will be a toilet on this wall in place of that white pipe and a shower and basin also with waste pipes coming through the wall and needing to connect to the same 110mm pipework.

Are there any rules I should be aware of re fitting strap bosses or rubber boss adaptors into the 110mm pipework there?

Sponsored Links
First, has the BCO seen the work in progress? You appear to have two no. break-thro's coming close to the point load corner - maybe its only my visualisation of the lay-out.

Why wasn't this soil pipe issue forseen in your proposal? How come only now?

You can tee-in your wastes to the soil pipe/closet bend inside the bathroom. Externally, i dont understand quite what you are asking. From what i recall, no discharge is allowed into the soil stack above the last WC connection.

The makers of your plastic pipework would be worth a call before you go any further.

First, has the BCO seen the work in progress? You appear to have two no. break-thro's coming close to the point load corner - maybe its only my visualisation of the lay-out.

Why wasn't this soil pipe issue forseen in your proposal? How come only now?

I dont recall if it was "as is" now when the bco last came round as it was quite a few months ago now.
The builders remit was to leave me with a vent stack that could have a toilet and wastes connected to later and drains then tested as I didnt know what layout I would be having in the bathroom when he finished the extension work.
As to breakthroughs, I'm not quite sure what you mean there? The Tee is only there to serve the vertical vent pipe, I wont be cutting into it for the smaller wastes.

I think you have answered my question with
no discharge is allowed into the soil stack above the last WC connection.
So I need to layout the pipework so that the smaller wastes from both shower and basin which I want to exit individually through the wall and then join, can then connect to the stack below the toilet connection.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back