Shower waste into horizontal soil pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm refurbing my downstairs toilet/shower room and connecting to an unvented stub stack. In the new layout the shower will sit between the toilet and the stack. Is it OK to connect the shower waste using a very short 40mm pipe run direct into the horizontal(ish)110mm waste that runs from the toilet using a strap boss. I would like to do this instead of using a boss on the stack as this would give me a *much* shorter and less convoluted pipe run for the shower waste, with no need to avoid joists etc. Based on past experience I am paranoid about shower/bath waste blockages, and once the shower tray and floor tiling is down it's not coming up again in my lifetime. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
That's almost exactly what I did with the help of my neighbour, who is a retired plumber. I have a wash basin and a home urinal both draining into the horizontal section downstream of the WC.

Thanks RR - I couldn't imagine any theoretical or practical reason not to do this, but nice to know someone who has and that it works :D .

Sponsored Links
As long as you can get a small fall on the waste pipe you should be ok.

Might mean building up your shower tray to achieve this :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back