Routing of shower waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm redoing an en-suite shower room, including moving the shower. I'm hoping for some advice on routing the shower waste, and specifically how to connect it to the soil stack.

The images show the layout of the room, and the corner where the soil stack resides

As is hopefully clear, the new layout puts the shower waste in conflict with the toilet waste. The joints run horizontally on the layout picture, so I can't route the shower waste under the floor.

The question is, how do I route the shower waste and the toilet waste into the same side of the soil stack, since the toilet waste is the same diameter as the stack and takes up a whole side?

I'm planning on building in the cistern behind the toilet, so there's room there to conceal anything necessary.

Thanks in advance for any help - if any more pictures are needed to give a clearer picture of what's going on, I'm happy to provide them.

Stefan

Sponsored Links
You'll need to join the stack below the W.C. connection, which may not be easy, depending on access. 2 options, either a boss (strap boss or boss pipe), or a manifold.

Either option requires access to the stack, strap boss requires a hole cutting, manifold will replace short section of the stack, use a slip coupling to slot it in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back