Waste pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am getting my bathroom made bigger. My bathroom has a suspended floor which is approx 1 metre above ground level. The builder is installing a 110mm upvc pipe with a gradient of 1:80 horizontally below the floor. I have to connect my Wc suite into this horizontal soil stack.
The 110mm pipe has a boss connector which will allow me to hook up my bath and shower waste using 40mm plastic the compression pipe.
The sink is also to be connected into this stack but not at the boss connector. What size of pipe should this be?
The toilet is also to be connected into this stack? What size of pipe should this be?
A durgo air admittance valve is also to be installed so what size of pipe is to be connected to this.
My main worries are the angles and runs to the stack.
In the case of the toilet can you drop vertically right down through the floor and then make a slight decline down to the stack?
I have about a metre to drop before i can connect up to the stack and i'm just worrying how to get all the waste pipes into the stack without too steep an angle.
Any advice on this subject will be much appreciated

thanks

scott

Sponsored Links
scottygio said:
The sink is also to be connected into this stack but not at the boss connector. What size of pipe should this be?
Assuming that you mean 'basin', rather than sink, then the answer is 32mm.

scottygio said:
The toilet is also to be connected into this stack? What size of pipe should this be?
110mm.

scottygio said:
My main worries are the angles and runs to the stack.
In the case of the toilet can you drop vertically right down through the floor and then make a slight decline down to the stack?

I have about a metre to drop before i can connect up to the stack and i'm just worrying how to get all the waste pipes into the stack without too steep an angle.
There's nothing to stop you dropping soil pipe (or a pan connector) vertically through a floor and then turning a bend either to connect to another branch or to create a branch that runs to a stack.

However, please clarify your question, bearing in mind that "stack" is an informal word for a vertical section of soil pipe, not a horizontal branch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back