Adding Stove to existing water/heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, anyone got any good sites showing reasonable diagrams that explain the integration of a multifuel stove with an existing water/heating system ?

Current sys is gravity HW pumped CH, from an oil fired boiler (quite old). Boiler has 2 inputs/outputs. One for HW the other for the heating.

Sponsored Links
Hi again, been looking further at this integration of a boiler in a wood burning stove into my existing system. I follow the reasoning behind the equaliser, however, perhaps someone might give these diagrams a quick glance.

Diagram 1 shows my existing oil fired gravity hot water and pumped central heating. If you are wondering if I have omitted any controls, I haven't !!! Thats it !

Diagram 2 shows what I hope to achieve. I noticed here that the chap suggests introducing the stove in series with the existing boiler.

My idea would then be to introduce a pipe stat on the HW output from the stove that would switch the existing CH pump on independently of the timer switch IF the stove was heating the water above a preset temp.

Thoughts :?:

Col

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back