Adding to underground drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_1507.JPG
Hi,

I'm about to lay a new patio, and before I do, I want to put some drainage in. I'm looking at connecting into the current underground drainage, but looking for some advice on the easiest way to do that.

The current set up is as per the picture - I would be adding another junction next to the existing one, to take the water from my surface drains. What should the easiest way to do this? Opening up the current joins seems rather difficult without digging up a much wider area. Am I going to need to just cut into the pipe to allow enough movement to separate the pieces, or are they locked in?

Any advice very welcome please!

Sponsored Links
Easiest way would be with a couple of slip collars, basically a straight socket with no stop ring in the middle.

You would need enough pipe in the back of your new junction to slide the slip collar on, position the pipe, then knock it back onto your existing.

Either those or a couple of DC115's.

Easiest way would be with a couple of slip collars, basically a straight socket with no stop ring in the middle.

You would need enough pipe in the back of your new junction to slide the slip collar on, position the pipe, then knock it back onto your existing.

Either those or a couple of DC115's.

Thanks. I guess if those are the solutions to get it back together - then the answer is I will need to saw through the existing to get into the pipe, rather than take any of the existing joints apart?

Sponsored Links
Yes, cut through neatly so your new junction is where you want it. Then cut as far back as you can, that will make it easier to get the new piece in.

If you want to get all technical then no you are not permitted to drain your patio into the mains, foul or surface. But many do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back