Underground drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Im going to install some underground drainage under my lawn. Im looking at using 10cm perferated flexible pipe under the lawn but between the lawn and the outlet I would prefer to use normal underground pipe. Can you get an adaptor to allow you to connect the two. If not is there any solution to this.

Also, how can you prevent vermin entering the outlet pipe. Ive looked on various online shops and cannot seem to find anything that will achieve this.

Thank you for your time

Steve

Sponsored Links
You should be able to connect it with a normal socket or rubber band seal.

You could fit a one way valve to stop the rats or just let them explore.

Also, how can you prevent vermin entering the outlet pipe.

As Ian says, you need some sort of one-way device to allow water out but keep animals from getting in.

I used some (60mm) perforated drainage pipe buried under new planting to enable me to water them underground. I looked at putting caps on the pipes to keep animals out and came across these
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Round-Pl...hash=item1c75270417:m:myUZX1Y7NAEvLaEsUd-RvUw

You could use something like that with some holes drilled in it to allow water to escape.

BTW, I did not buy any of these. I tried using old food tins just dropped over the end and c. 20 months later they are still there, rusty on the surface but still sound.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Got a similar project on at the moment due to my winter waterlogged garden in a high clay soil area.

I was actually planning of digging a big hole and sinking in a rainwater attenuation crate as a soakaway rather than bringing it into the combined sewer.
I was primarily concerned with silt blockage than vermin I will admit.

I've seen them installed his with some kind of geo-textile sock over the pipe and a silt trap before emptying into the combined sewer. Some of the silt traps will have a basket between the inlet and outlet to trap large debris which would prevent rodent ingress. You can also get flaps designed for 110mm undeground sewerage pipe which prevent ingress of vermin. Google for 110mm rat flap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back