Adding Underfloor heating to Vaillant system with eBus need separate zone, help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Current system is Ecotec boiler with Vr65 control centre and uniSTOR cylinder with NTC thermistor temperature sensor (not a traditional thermostat switch). We upgraded the hard wired ebus Thermostat to a wifi vaillant vSmart one a few years ago.

Now we're having Underfloor heating in a new room extension, the UFH guys have installed the manifold and the controlers etc (all the stuff that limits the water through the UFH system).

They have plumbed in the hot and return pipes and all ready to go except there is no way to send a message to the boiler from the UFH system thermostat to the Vaillant boiler / control centre?

The UFH guys are at a complete loss as to what to do.

I think we need to upgrade the VR65 to something that controls a third circuit for the UFH, so it looks like the VR66 does this, but also maybe the VR61/4 - but I can't see a NTC connection on that for the HW cylinder NTC (thermistor)? Can anyone shed light on which one to go for please.

Then the second issues seems to be that not all Vaillant's thermostat controls are capable of handling two different heating zones - the documentation for the VR66 says that only the VRT350 is capable of this - but that documentation is years old - so maybe there are some others that do it? I'd really like the vSmart to be able to handle it - but it doesn't seem it does, or will it? Again looking for help and advice here on which vaillant thermostats we can use?

Many thanks,

Alan

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sounds like you need to get some decent heating engineers in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back