Upgrading/extending Vaillant vSmart system to multi-zone sensoCOMFORT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

We're extending the house at present and I'd like to extend my current Vaillant home solution to accommodate 2 new UFH zones into the Vaillant system. The house is currently a basic 1 CH zone with manual TRVs and 1 DHW zone connected as S-plan.

At present the following central heating components connected via eBus:
Vaillant Ecotec Plus 428 system boiler
Vaillant VSmart
Vaillant VR65 control centre
Vaillant Unistor unvented cylinder with NTC

The builder has specced a Roth Basicline UFH system and to be honest I can't actually see how this would integrate into the Vaillant system to fire the boiler. I'd rather not use it anyway and instead would prefer to use new Vaillant components to achieve full integration based on years of happy system operation.

So I have in mind the following the following wireless Vaillant kit 0010036828 which comprises:
sensoCOMFORT RF
VR 92f x 2
VR 71
VR 10's & VR 11 for zone/weather monitoring etc.

This looks like it will satisfy my new requirements, albeit without app access that vSmart provides (and is useful) but I can add that later if desired.

I've tried to find a wiring diagram for the above for S-plan but have only found a Y-plan with LLH so far, I'm surprised it's not covered in the VR71 manual like in the VR65 and VR66 manuals.

Questions:
1 - Does this plan sound like it should work to achieve full house operation?
2 - Does anybody have any insight into wiring into an S-plan?
3 - Are additional plumbing components required?
4 - Have I missed anything obvious?
5 - Should I throw the Roth Basicline controls in the bin?

Looking forward to your experience and thoughts on this!

Cheers

Oldskool

Sponsored Links
The best thing to do is do not set it up as an s-plan but have it set up as a hot water priority system. Which is the best way to run a system boiler, with the sensocomfort setup correctly you can run the boiler at 3 different flow temperatures. This is so much better

Do not let your builder spec anything to do with your heating system, most are clueless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back