Multi Zone Heating Systems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's now been 4 years since a new UFH zone was added to my Vaillant setup and it has worked so well I'm considering adding another UFH zone as part of a house bathroom refurbishment project.

Had a quick chat with my installer who says it should be possible using Vaillant products, but based on my previous experience I'm considering using alternatives and wondered what was out there.

When adding the UFH to the existing system, the original VR 65 wiring centre had to be switched for a VR 61, which supports 1 x DHW and 2 x CH zones. In addition a VR 81 controller was purchased as the thermostat for the new UFH area. So, the modifications to the original system weren't that bad.

It appears, to add yet another zone I will need to switch the wiring centre to a VR 71 + VR 70 and replace BOTH my existing controllers for a VRC 700 and a couple of VR 91's. I think I've got all those numbers right! Basically, it is going to be expensive replacing all the existing Vaillant controllers for new Vaillant controllers. If that would "future proof" the system, it might not be so bad, but all it gives me is one extra zone! If the refurbishment of the house bathroom goes well I might consider doing the same to the en-suite bathroom, which will then require an additional zone, but the equipment mentioned above wouldn't be able to include another zone as far as I can tell!

So, what are the alternative heating controllers/wiring centres I could consider to enable multiple zones i.e. at least 5, possibly more?

Does anyone have good/bad experiences of using/fitting multi-zone heating systems?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back