Additional Consumer unit to feed two showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am at installing a second shower. The shower fitted at the moment is a 9.5 kw and the one I want to add in an additional shower is a 8.5kw. At present there is a 10mm cable which runs from the main consumer unit to a 45amp fuse box thereafter a 6mm cable which runs to the shower unit. I want to replace the 45amp fuse box with a 63am 30ma RCD unit to run the two showers from. The question is will I have to replace the 10mm cable which runs from the main consumer unit with a higher rating and if so what rating? or is this not viable.
Hope this makes sense.

Sponsored Links
the size and cost (not sure if you can get bigger than 10mm twin & earth) would be very expensive, cheaper to run a new 10mm cable from your consumers unit and put it on its own mcb (if you have one spare) if not get the consumers unit changed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back